FLIGHT SAFETY OFFICERS’ (FSO) COURSE
TYPE OF TRAINING :
Intermediate Professional Course.
To provide the students with a working knowledge of the aircraft accident prevention technique, the motivation and the abilities required to conduct an effective accident prevention program and aircraft accident investigation.
- To provide an understanding of the principles and techniques of accident prevention and how to incorporate them in safety program management.
- To provide an understanding of the man-machine relationship to identify and correct human behaviors which lead to aviation accidents.
- To provide an understanding of applying interviewing techniques to the witnesses during aircraft accident investigations.
- To provide an understanding of the functions and organizational roles of the associated agencies i.e. standardization and evaluation, airfield management, fire protection, aircraft maintenance, life support, simulator and other agencies.
- Developing the skill and knowledge needed to cope with the organizational processes and group dynamics which may affect the flight safety officer.
- To provide an understanding and ability to apply accident reporting procedures and investigation techniques.
- To develop a familiarity with typical aircraft material and structures, an appreciation of aircraft operating limitations and the ability to recognize typical material failures.
- An appreciation of the importance of physiological factors in flight safety and the contribution which flight surgeons can make to an effective aircraft accident prevention program.
- Developing the skill needed to handle the written and verbal communication associated with flight safety officers’ duties.
COURSE CONTENTS :
- Aircraft Accident Investigation (AAI)
- Safety Management (SM)
- Applied Aerodynamics (ADN)
- Material Factors (MF)
- Aviation psychology and Human Factors (AV PSY & HFACS)
- Aviation Physiology (AV PHY)
- Aircraft Engine Accident Investigation (AEAI)
- Mathematics and Physics (MPA)
- Communicative Skill (COM), AFO 62 Series & ICAO Annex-13
- Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard (BASH)
Flight Safety Institute, BAF Base Bashar, Dhaka Cantonment, Dhaka.
COURSE DETAILS :
||2 courses in a year
||Mid-level officers who have completed 4-8 years of commissioned service.
|NO OF STUDENT
||15 to 20
||As per Agreement