HOW TO APPLY: BAF AIRMAN
1. How to apply for joining in BAF as an Airman :
a. Collection of Application Form : Collect application form from Information & Selection Centre of Bangladesh Air Force located at Old Airport, Tejgaon, Dhaka. The form can also be collected from any BAF Base/Unit (except for Dhaka area) or from district Armed Forces offices by submitting a non-refundable Pay Order/Bank Draft of Taka 150.00 (one hundred and fifty only) in favour of ‘Central Non-Public Fund, BAF’. In case of Bank Draft, the same must be exchangeable from any of the branch of Sonali/Rupali/Janata/Agrani Bank of Dhaka area (Dhaka Cantt, Mohahkali, Farmgate, Karwan Bazar).
b. Online Application System : Visit website www.joinbangladeshairforce.mil.bd for online application or download android apps (JoinBAF). Click on Apply Now tab and follow the instruction as mentioned in How to Apply tab.
c. Submission of Application Form : Application form collected from any of the above mentioned sources must be submitted to Information & Selection Centre of Bangladesh Air Force or the Recruitment Team before commencement of the test. For downloaded forms, please attach the Pay Order/Bank Draft as specified earlier to get the serial number of the application form. Please ensure that Pay Order/Bank Draft number is written properly in appropriate place of the prescribed form and the forms are properly filled in. Attach necessary documents as prescribed in the form.
2. Qualifications :
a. Academic Qualification :
(1) Technical Trade : SSC pass in Science group with minimum GPA-3.5 or equivalent.
(2) Non Technical Trade : SSC pass with minimum GPA-3.5 or equivalent.
(3) Mechanical Transport Operator & Fitter(MTOF) : SSC pass in Science group with minimum GPA-3.5 or equivalent.
(4) Music : SSC pass with minimum GPA-2.5 or equivalent.
(5) Education Instructor : BA/ BBS/ BSc pass with minimum 2nd division or equivalent. (English/Management/Physics/Chemistry/Math/Psychology subject will be preferable).
(6) Cypher Assistant : BA/ BBS/ BSc pass/ Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Communication Engineering with minimum 2nd division or equivalent.
3. Nationality : Bangladeshi (Male)
4. Marital Status :
a. Technical/Non-Technical/MTOF/Provost/Music : Unmarried.
b. Education/Cypher Assistant : Married/Unmarried.
5. Age :
a. Technical/Non Technical : 16 to 21 years
b. MTOF : 16 to 24 years
c. Music : 16 to 26 years
d. Education Instructor/Cypher Assistant : Upto 28 years
6. Height :
a. For Technical/NonTechnical/MTOF/Music/Education Instructor/Cypher Assistant : Minimum 163 cm (64 inch)
b. Provost : Minimum 173 cm (68 inch)
7. Chest : Minimum 76-81cm (30-32 inch) with 2 inches expansion.
8. Eye Sight :
a. Technical : 6/6, normal vision
b. Others : 6/6 or as applicable.
9. Weight : As per age & height
10. Disqualifications :
a. Dismissed from Army/ Navy/ Air Force.
b. Dismissed/removed from Government service on disciplinary ground or forbidden from government employment.
c. Convicted by any Court of law.
d. Discharged from BAF as unlikely to make an efficient airman.
11. Documents Required to be Attached with the Application Forms :
a. Attested copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and marks sheets.
b. Nationality Certificate with marital status and permanent address from Union
Parishad/Municipal Chairman/Ward Commissioner.
c. Character Certificate from Class-1 gazette officer.
d. Six copies of recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Class-I Gazetted Officer.
e. Birth Certificate/ National ID card duly attested by a Class-I Gazetted Officer.
f. Original & attested copy of Freedom Fighters Certificate by Ministry of Liberation War
Affairs (For the dependents of Freedom Fighters).
g. Nationality Certificate attested by District Commissioner for tribal.
h. No Objection Certificate for the serving candidates.
j. Original & attested copy of the certificates by appropriate authority for members of Ansar & VDP.
k. Attested copies of certificates of sports achievement at District/Divisional level (if any).
12. Details of Tests :
a. Exam System :
1. Technical Trades & MTOF : IQ Test, English, Physics, Math
2. Non Technical Trades, Provost, Music, : IQ Test, English, General Knowledge
Education Instructor, Cypher Assistant
b. Preliminary Medical Check-up
c. Viva Voce
d. Final Medical Test.
13. Final Selection : Final selection will be made by Air Headquarters in accordance to vacancy, quota and other existing regulations.
14. Initial Training :
a. Technical & Non-Technical Trades : 36 weeks
b. Education Instructor & Cypher Assistant : 18 weeks