BAF Shaheen College, Jessore has a long history and background of its own. Before the war of independence, there was neither any Air Base nor any educational institution at this place. After the liberation, the foundation of the then’ Satadal School’ was laid on the 26th Jan 1976. Then it had only two tinshed buildings. With the passage of time, the School assumed the Shape of BAF Shaheen School in 1979. Later in 1984, it was converted to a College and in 1986 it obtained permission for exam center.
The College has three buildings comprising a vast land covering an area of about 9.51 acre. There are 33 sections from class KG to XII in this college. From the academic session – 2006, English Mediums curriculum has been introduced in one section each of the classes from KG to V in addition to the existing Bangla Medium curriculum as per NCTB. This is one of the most reputed and renowned colleges of Jessore Area. The college received “Best College Award in the National Education Week in 2001”. The College has unique natural beauty and charm. The favorable environmental surroundings of the academic atmosphere attract the young & tender learners, teachers and people in general. It is, in real sense, a full fledged, proper and magnificent institute having reputation and distinctive feature
The admission procedure of BAF Shaheen College Jessore are appended below :
- School Section : The season of KG to X is from 1st January – 31 December of each year. Advertisements are circulated for admission in School section in the beginning of the year. The procedure of admission in school section (KG to X) is append below:
- Date for distribution of admission form in School Section: (Preferably from the 1st week to 3rd week of January each year).
- Date for admission test: Middle of third week of January.
- Date for publication of result: Fourth week of January.
- Admission: Selected students have to appear in the admission test on the schedule date.
- Priority is given to the wards of BAF service personnel in this respect.
- Scope for waiting list: If seats are vacant, students from waiting list may get admission according to merit list.
- College Section : The season of XI to XII is from 1st July to 30th June of each year. Advertisements are circulated for admission in College Section just after the publishing of results of the SSC exam of each year. The procedure of admission in College section (XI to XII) is appened below:
- Date for distribution of admission form in College section (As per the instruction of the Ministry of Education/Board).
- For admission in class XI, a merit list is prepared according to GPA and it is hung on the notice board for the information of the students. Afterwards, they have to do the formalities of admission as per admission procedure within the scheduled time fixed by the board. If the enlisted students do not take admission within the scheduled time then those who are in waiting list get preference according to merit.
Just after the completion of admission formalities classes start as usual.